Do you own a gun and have children in your home? 🔫
Take note of these special precautions you need to be taking, especially with children around.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 🔫 Store Guns and Ammunition Safely
1. Store guns in a locked location, unloaded, out of the reach and sight of children.
2. Store ammunition in a separate locked location, out of the reach and sight of children.
3. Keep the keys and combinations hidden.
4. When a gun is not being stored, it should be on your person and in your immediate control at all times. Otherwise, a gun should always be stored locked, unloaded and separate from ammunition.
5. Make sure all guns are equipped with effective, child-resistant gun locks.
6. If a visitor has a gun in a backpack, briefcase, handbag or an unlocked car, provide them with a locked place to hold it while they are in your home.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 7. Leaving guns on a nightstand, table or other place where a child can gain access may lead to injuries and fatalities.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 🔫 Talk to Your Kids and Their Caregivers
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1. Explain how a gun your kids might see on television or a video game is different from a gun in real life. “A gun, in real life, can really hurt people.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 2. Teach kids never to touch a gun and to immediately tell an adult if they see one.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 3. Talk to grandparents and the parents of friends your children visit about safe gun storage practices.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 🔫 Dispose of Guns You Don't Need
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1. If you decide that you no longer need to have a gun in your home, dispose of it in a safe way. Consult with law enforcement in your community on how to do so.
🚨 REMEMBER 🚨
CALL 0861 031 111 FOR ALL EMERGENCIES!
ET Rapid Response - Powerful Protection, Rapid Intervention!
#ETRapidResponse #HomeSecurity #Security #ArmedResponse #SouthCoast #Amanzimtoti #DurbanSouth #Durban #KznSouthcoast #Gunsafety