Demo Day is an event organized for the purpose of pitching a company as an investment opportunity to investors. Due to the short, high-pressure nature of Demo Day, you have to condense your pitch into a few short sections:
1. Catch attention with a question: You’ve got 5 seconds to capture audience's attention. Think about a question that speaks about your problem statement.
2. Show how much money you can make: Brag about what you've accomplished. Quickly talk about some impressive numbers like month-on-month growth, lifetime value of a user, total user base, or your annual run rate.
3. The problem and solution: Show your problem and solution through a story about an actual user. Show the problem they had, the solution you provided, and the benefits they received. Examples are appreciated.
4. Business model, market, growth: Momentum is key here, so move quickly but confidently through your model, how big the market is and how much of it you can really capture. Don’t forget to mention the strategies you are going to use to grow.
5. Team photo: Show the people behind the product. It’s probably smart to stick to just the founders and not talk about mentors or advisors unless it’s important.
#startup #investment #startuplife #venturecapital #venturecapitalist #digitalstartup #startuptips #education #demoday #pitch